StoneCrafters Farm is the home for Memorial Design and Ron Clamp, Sallie Clamp, Charlie Clamp, Michelle Clamp, Jackson Clamp and Jacob Clamp.
1) Ron Clamp dba Memorial Design is the Designer, Master Stone Carver and Sandblast Shape Carver, who is responsible for all stone carving and gilding in the Memorial Design Studio located in Pelion, South Carolina. Memorial Design is equipped to complete any project either in-house or on-site. Memorial Design has completed projects in 49 states and nine countries. Memorial Design has worked in slate, marble, sandstone, basalt, limestone and granite. Please see our portfolio page for a sample of a some of our projects.
2) Sallie Shealy Clamp graduated from Lander University with a bachelor degree in Sociology with an emphasis on criminal justice and obtained her Masters Social Work degree at the University of South Carolina. Sallie along with Ron helps run their small farm, manages and operates Memorial Design and is a full time mother. Sallie runs and operates the Memorial Design retail store in Lexington, South Carolina.
3) Memorial Design, is the only company in the United States that offers private one-on-one sandblast training, featuring monumental shape carving. Ron is the third generation of Clamps to work in the monument industry. Ron has over 28 years of experience sandblasting monuments, architectural signage, building and designing war memorials of all sizes and custom stone art projects. Ron learned to sandblast/shape carve from masters of the trade. People like his father, Charlie Clamp, shape carving extradonaire Jimmy Parham, Frank Bone, Boyd R Parham, master stone carver Lepior Knome, Charlie Mann and Joe Fernandez to name a view have helped develop the distinctive style and philosophy of sandblast/shape carving that Ron shares with every student. To date Ron has individually trained more students the art of shape carving than any other instructor.
4) Ron represents Hyatt Graphics, distributors of Gerber Scientific Products, Design Mart designs, Granite Impact Etcher's, and Allen Datagraph plotters, lasers and impact etchers. Our product line includes everything a company needs to design and fabricate pre-cut stencil. Ron Clamp dba Memorial Design, was once the largest supplier of pre-cut stencil and a custom sandblast leader in Elberton, GA, the Granite Capital of the World.
5) Ron and Sallie published a sandblast shape carving manual, Carved In Stone, which is available though Hyatt's Graphic Supply.
For three generations people have trusted Memorial Design to create timeless tributes, custom granite and bronze memorials that are as unique as the people they honor.
At Memorial Design, experience, artistry, and trust define who we are and the product we produce. Our trained design staff can help you express individuality through distinctive memorials that capture the essence of who the memorial will honor throughout the millennia.
Our design philosophy is that a monument should tell the story of who the person was, not just the dates they lived so that future generations can come and learn who they are and where they came from.
Visit our Lexington office at the corner of North Church Street and West Butler Street, right across from St Stephens Lutheran Church. You can also call (803) 785-3075 for an appointment.
Monument Design Specialist - Custom Stone Carving - Granite Sculpture - Monumental Stone Carving and Sandblast Training
Anyone can do the EASY ones. We love to design and carve the ones that tell a story, make a statement and that others are scared to touch!
Memorial Design has carved exclusive high end stone work in 49 states and 9 countries.
Recent Awards and Achievements
Memorial Design was awarded the Pellington Arts award for stone carving and design.
The South Carolina House Honored Memorial Design in 2013 with SC House Resolution 4249 for carving the History of Humanity Memorial in Felicity, California.
The Clamp family was made honorary citizens of Louisville, KY Waterfront for their work on the Louisville Lincoln Memorial.
The town of Felicity received the Air and Space Medal in Europe for The History of French Aviation Memorial.
2014 MBNA U/UTA Memorial Award for the Columbia SC Fargo Memorial
2014 MBNA Contemporary Mixed Media Memorial Award for the Hootie and Blowfish Monument located in Columbia, SC
2014 MBNA Shape Carved Memorial Award for Gorman Monument located in Michigan
2014 MBNA Etched Memorial Award for Stone Mountain Mem. Pk. waterfall located in Stone Mountain, GA
2014 MBNA Honorable Mentions:
Family Estate Memorial Award - Scanlin Memorial - Dahlonegha, GA
Ethnic Memorial Award - Irish Heritage Memorial - Charleston, SC
Hand Carved Memorial Award - Brock Memorial - Shreveport, LA
Every project produced by
Ron Clamp, dba Memorial Design
is a team effort. Even though the Ron Clamp name is on the shingle, as designer and lead carver, each Memorial Design project involves every team member. Each team member is enthusiastic and takes great pride in their part of each project.
The Memorial Design Team
Sallie Shealy Clamp
Sallie Clamp is the driving force that makes every step of the process happen. She is an amazing facilitator during design sessions and contributes brilliant ideas. She organizes our production schedule and makes sure steps are not missed and that deadlines are met.